Hold hands with other like minded Pet Care Professionals
Join our clients and leading pet care partners across the world providing regulated pet care in an unregulated industry. Be one of the few holding a certificate of recognition.
Love animals? Looking for a rewarding career in the animal care industry? Gain the key skills and knowledge to open your own pet sitting business with this flexible and exciting course. Supported by the Pet Industry Federation, this online qualification is tailored around your needs. And underpinning the distance-learning is a practical session at Wiltshire College and University animal centre, where you’ll learn from expert lecturers and make full use of their industry-leading facilities. Whether you’re looking to add accreditation to an existing business, up-skill staff or refresh your own CV, this course will give you crucial theoretical and hands-on experience. Studying with us could lead to further learning, practical training for the animal care industry or directly into work in this diverse and fulfilling sector.
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to:
- Continue with your Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Add accreditation to your existing business and Dog Walking practitioners within the animal industry
- Refresh your current theoretical and practical skills or to enhance your CV
- Start up a Dog Walking business
- Train existing staff and/or franchisees
What will I learn?
You’ll learn about the key roles and responsibilities of a professional pet sitter. Crucially, the course will equip you to open a business and operate correctly within the industry, with units covering current legislation and codes of practice. You’ll learn the practical elements of pet sitting, adding professionalism to your approach and ensuring you’re ready to deal with potential problems and emergencies.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- Level 2 City & Guilds Certificate of Technical Competence in Pet Sitting
- Eight hours of online learning
- Practical session at Lackham
- One-to-one practical assessment with oral questioning
Additional Costs and Information
In order to take this qualification, you need to hold a level 2 qualification in animal-related area, such as Animal Care, Equine Care, Agriculture, or a certificate of competence in a relevant area.
There are no additional costs associated to this qualification as all learning resources (including dogs) will be provided to you by your tutor. You are expected to wear appropriate PPE when attending the practical session with includes:
- Work boots or wellingtons (trainers are not permitted)
- Polo shirt (shoulders must be covered)
- Rain coat/all-weather jacket
- Jeans or dark coloured work trousers (no torn jeans, leggings or fashion trousers)
- No body piercings and hair tied back
Please email [email protected] to register your interest.